Sunday 27 July 2014

Lost Weekend



I missed posting my blog on Friday and spent the whole day coughing and spluttering up a storm, Saturday wasn't much better.Friday morning I dragged myself out of bed to do some very urgent food shopping, and then to take my younger girls to visit their little cousin, even though it was the last thing I wanted (and I am sure my sister-in-law would have been happier if I kept my germs at home), I knew if I didn't take the girls there would be a riot in my house! It was also a week filled with tragedy as my husband's brother and his family in Canada lost their daughter this week.

I am still busy with my workroom revamp, it is slow going but progress can be seen, I do need a new method for storing all the small bits like jump rings and loose beads and things that need repair and about 1 million charms! I also think I need to make up some kind of calendar to plan what I am going to make each week, some kind of action plan to start making more than just pocket money.
I am still trying to think of what to do for the jewelry that I have made and for which the postage would cost more than the item and I am looking into flee markets and craft markets that will not require that I sign up for every Sunday in the month as I work 2 Sundays at my regular job. Once I have found that the next trick will be the willing slaves uhm volunteers to help out.

This is one of the pieces that I made before Adiesdesigns was even a thought, then put away and forgotten, I actually had to go to the store where I buy my beads to get the prices so that I could list it, and I am so proud of myself I didn't buy beads!!!!!

I was tempted but as I would like to move into the higher end of the market and start using things like agate and fresh water pearls I restrained myself admirably.  In the clean up of my work room i have found a few strings of agate and even pearls. I plan to use what I have to make as much as I can before I buy anything more.

Today was an annual event that happens in Johannesburg every year, the 702 (talk radio station) "walk the talk" it is an extremely well attended event with people coming from all over to walk with their families, friends and dogs either 5km or 8km (not sure what that is in miles) the pictures being posted on facebook look great and it appears to have once again been a successful event.

In commonwealth news South Africa also seems to be featuring nicely with 16 medals so far. It amazes me how I can sit and watch these games for ages but can't sit and watch soccer, golf or tennis for more than 10 minutes.
One more day before school starts for everyone of the kids, YAY, my internet usage and electricity should drop nicely as well as the food bill, I am convinced that my fridge has a hole or that we have hidden people in my house, there never seems to be any food in the house even after I have just been to the shop.

Don't forget to check out this weeks recipe in the 'what's to eat' page

No comments: