Wednesday 9 July 2014

Catching Up



Today I had coffee with a friend of mine that I haven't seen in at least 3 years, thank goodness for social media, we have been able to follow some of the happenings in each others lives.  We met at 10 am and I looked at my watch when I got home at 1 pm. Time flew by I didn't even notice, it's a good thing I didn't have anything else planned for the day!
Having a friend that time and distance don't affect your closeness is something special. Thanks Peggy.

It is freezing here in Johannesburg, I REALLY dislike winter, I just never seem to get warm. I think I would like to be a bear and hibernate till spring.

I finally heard from both my kids away at their respective camps. The feedback is:"yes, i am having fun", "it is freezing, especially at night" and they did "stuff" today.  My son was a little more forthcoming with the fact that they went hiking and it was "nice".

I have decided it is time for me to learn to bead weave, so far there is nothing but a lot of knots! It is amazing what you can download from YouTube, I spent a full hour just trolling through looking at the 'how to video's', everything from how do a french braid to how to make a battery from a lemon., and some other bizarre stuff that I won't mention here. I found a nice one on serviette folding (napkins- for the Americans) and my daughter has been watching on how to creations for this newest craze of Loom Bands.


I keep picking up small elastic bands all over my house!

To all my Israeli family and friends, may they have a peaceful night without sirens and bomb shelter visits.

No comments: