Thursday 24 July 2014

I can almost see the Weekend

Today being Thursday I am looking at colors. I have chosen yellow. They say the color yellow appeals to logical side of our brains and stimulate mental agility and perception.
In psychological terms yellow is uplifting and adds light, offering hope, happiness, cheerfulness and fun
It is the best color to cheer you up about life and can awaken greater confidence and optimism.
It apparently also helps with decision making as it relates to clarity of thought and ideas, apparently people who prefer yellow can often be impulsive. It is a color that helps us focus, study and recall information, useful during exam time, so keep a yellow pen handy.
People who prefer yellow are less emotional, and come from the head rather than the heart. They are independent, and prefer to not get emotionally involved.
Yellow is the color that is related to the ego and our sense of self worth, to how we feel about ourselves and how we are perceived by others.

According to the website people with a yellow personality
  •  Have a happy disposition and are cheerful and fun to be with.
  •  Are creative, often being the one who comes up with new ideas - an ideas person who needs others to bring the ideas into reality - you tend to have your head in the clouds much of the time.
  • You can be very critical of yourself as well as others - you are a perfectionist.
  • You analyze everything, all the time, and are methodical in your thinking
When using yellow in business you should break it up with some other colors as it can be intimidating.

In other news, my clean up and clean out is coming along and I  have found that |I have stuff that never made it into Adiesdesigns, mostly because I am not sure how to price the smaller items as the postage from South Africa is often more expensive that the actual item (like earrings) and also a lot of the stuff was made before I had the shop on Etsy.
Here is some of the hoard as I am only halfway through the clean up.



I am now exhausted at the thought of trying to get photographs of everything and then work out what to do with it or how to price it so neither I nor hopefully the buyer gets done in.

Time to end this short post and crawl under the duvet and dream that my work room is in perfect order and everything is where it should be.

No comments: