It being Thursday I have chosen to look at the color turquoise.I love this bright vibrant color that is neither blue or green.
It brings to mind what I imagine is the sea around Greece and it is also an iconic stone in Native American jewelry.
As always I used, http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com
Turquoise helps to open the lines of communication between the heart and the spoken word. It presents as a friendly and happy color enjoying life.
In color psychology, turquoise controls and heals the emotions creating emotional balance and stability.
A combination of blue and a small amount of yellow, it fits in on the color scale between green and blue. It radiates the peace, calm and tranquility of blue and the balance and growth of green with the uplifting energy of yellow.
This is a color that recharges our spirits during times of mental stress and tiredness, alleviating feelings of loneliness. You only have to focus on the color turquoise, to be ready to face the world again!
It is a great color to have around you, particularly in an emergency, as it helps with clear thinking and decision-making. It assists in the development of organizational and management skills. It influences rather than preaching and demanding.
This is a good color to aid concentration and clarity of thought for public speakers as it calms the nervous system, gives control over speech and expression, and builds confidence. Print your speech notes on turquoise and every time you glance down you will feel the effects of the color.
Turquoise encourages inner healing through its ability to enhance empathy and caring.
It is a good color to use when you are stuck in a rut and don't know which way to move.
Too much of this color in your life may give you an overactive mind and create emotional imbalance, making you either over-emotional or non-emotional.
Too little turquoise in your life may cause you to withhold your emotions, resulting in secrecy and confusion about your direction in life.
From a negative perspective, the meaning of the color turquoise relates to being either over-emotional or non-emotional, lacking communication skills, being unreliable and deceptive.
- If this is your favorite color, you are probably friendly and approachable, easy to communicate with.
- You are compassionate, empathetic and caring.
- You have a heightened sense of creativity and sensitivity.
- You speak from the heart and love sharing your inner most thoughts.
- As a personality color turquoise you usually have highly developed intuitive abilities.
- You seek spiritual fulfillment, and you are often an evolved or 'old' soul.
- Although presenting a cool and calm exterior, and appearing to be stable and balanced, beneath the surface you may be in chaos, on an emotional roller coaster ride.
- With a personality color turquoise, you are self-sufficient, with good self esteem and an ability to love and care for yourself.
- You are a clear thinker and good decision maker.
- You have good organizational and management skills.
- With a personality color turquoise, you make a good boss, as you tend to influence others rather than be bossy and demanding.
- You are confident and find public speaking to be easy - with your ability to focus and concentrate on the most important things and your capacity for clarity of thought, communication comes easy to you.
- You are good at multi-tasking - focusing on one thing at a time bores you.
- You have strong powers of perception and can be selective and discerning, balancing the pros and cons of any situation, then identifying the best way forward.
- Your thinking can become scattered at times, particularly when you try to accomplish too much at once. This can overtire you and you become emotionally out of balance.
- You can be self-centered, tuning in to your own needs to the exclusion of the needs of others.
- You can be boastful and narcissistic, appearing egotistical and conceited.
- You fear being alone and can become aloof and unapproachable when this occurs, making the situation even worse.
- You can be impractical and idealistic with an overactive mind creating emotional imbalance - you need turquoise to bring you back into balance.
- If operating from a negative perspective, you may lack communication skills, have difficulty in expressing yourself, including your emotions, be unreliable and deceptive, have creative blocks, or be either over emotional or non-emotional.
- You may be naturally drawn to turquoise when you are suffering emotional stress as it is the color that controls and heals the emotions - this may be a temporary choice of a favorite color turquoise.
Here are some turquoise items from Adiesdesigns.