Wednesday 18 June 2014

Sweet 16

Today my beautiful daughter turned 16! I cant believe how time flies.
This is the first painting she ever did, she was 10 years old at the time.
In August last year after much nagging and tears we reluctantly (she was far too young)allowed her to go on a sponsored program to Israel called Naale, she had hopes of doing grades 10,11 & 12 there, The 4 months that she spent there gave her a maturity that was missing before she left.
 
Tonight in honor of her birthday I made a supper using some of her favourite foods, fried onion, vegetarian polony (fry's I know is available in the US not sure about anywhere else) and of course mushrooms. I used vegetarian polony as in Kosher cooking you may not mix milk and meat together.
 
Here is my recipe:
 
Cooked pasta for as many people as will be at dinner ( I used 500gm of uncooked spaghetti for 6 of us)
1 cup cream
1 cup milk
1 Tbs flour or potato flour
125g sliced mushrooms (fresh)
1/2 cup finely diced polony ( bacon is also a good substitute but then leave out the butter)
1 small onion finely chopped
2 tsp butter or oil (only enough for sautéing)
1 or 2 garlic cloves crushed
1 tsp Italian herb blend Dried
Salt and pepper to taste
 
Boil up the cream and milk, while this is happening sauté the onion and garlic add the diced polony and the herbs in the butter. If you are using bacon, fry the bacon bits first and then sauté the onion and garlic in the fat from this. Add the mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes. Take your flour and using some of the hot cream sauce make a paste and then mix it back into the cream.  Combine everything together, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce is slightly thick, pour over pasta and serve. 
We had a green salad with this. 
 
 
 
 
 
As you can see I am not a food photographer so the picture is not great. I will hopefully get better with practice.
 
Tomorrow I am meeting with a silversmith, lets hope this is a future move for Adiesdesigns.
 
I am off to a cheese and wine tasting now, can't for the wine. It's been a long day
 
 
 
 

No comments: